EPISODE – Zach Schleien
Zach Schleien is the co-founder of the video speed dating app, Filter Off. Filter Off has been featured in publications such as The New York Times, BBC, and ABC. Prior to Filter Off, he ran and sold the dating blog Top Romp, which covered dating hacks and apps for the millennial dater. His passions lie in technology, health, and creating authentic connections. When he is not working, Zach loves to travel the world, listen to podcasts, and workout.
- Zach has always been fascinated by online dating and this led him to create a video-first speed dating global app.
- Filter Off started a side hustle while Zach has been working his 9-5.
- Age, interest and gender and more are some of the parameters that are calculated when creating a video speed-date event.
- This is attractive to a serious dater where clients dress to impress ready for a video chat. It brings mindfulness and presence to being an active participant.
- Zach talks about how the pandemic has affected dating.
- Zach’s definition of happiness is about being fulfilled.
- His morning routine involves being disconnected with technology first thing so espresso and working outs is something that sets him for the day.
- The things that brings him joy are experiences, travelling, and spending time with people.
- His routine involves keeping health and nutrition at the forefront of his priorities.
- His fantasy dinner guests would include Martin Luther King Jr, and Gandhi.
- Zach ends his day with gratitude.
- Shoe Dog – Phil Knight
- Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini