October 4, 2021
EPISODE – Aleks Nikolic
Having already amassed an impressive net worth of $100,000 at just 26-years-old, Sydney-based Aleks Nikolic (@brokegirlwealth) is the perfect example of this. Her journey to financial freedom is profoundly inspiring and while she recognises that we all start our financial journeys at different places, her Instagram page is dedicated to helping other women better understand budgeting, investing and building wealth.
- Aleks is a lawyer by day but her Instagram page is dedicated to personal finance. The start of the journey started as a result of credit card debt and realized she couldn’t pay it off as a way with her part time job.
- Aleks and Carla talk about building up credit card debt.
- 60% of Australians live paycheck to paycheck.
- Aleks and Carla discuss ways they find money empowering and making it work for you
- Take your bank bill and go through it with a highlighter and separate it in 3 parts – one that brings you joy, one that are bills and ones that you are ok to let go of. This can help you save some of those expenses.
- Finding a sustainable way of budgeting is critical and Aleks talks about some processes that helps to build your budget and seeking help.
- The Barefoot Investor – Scott Pape is a recommended book that both Carla and Aleks recommend to help understand your finances a little better
September 20, 2021
EPISODE – Will Tuttle
Dr. Will Tuttle, visionary author, educator, and inspirational speaker, is author of the acclaimed Amazon #1 best-seller The World Peace Diet, published in 16 languages. He has presented widely throughout the world, in all 50 states and over 50 countries over the past 40 years, sharing the vegan message in many thousands of lectures, arguably more than anyone in history. A recipient of the Courage of Conscience Award and the Empty Cages Prize, he is also author of Your Inner Islands: The Keys to Intuitive Living, as well as editor of Circles of Compassion: Essays Connecting Issues of Justice and the newly-released Buddhism and Veganism: Essays Connecting Spiritual Awakening and Animal Liberation. Devoted to cultural healing and awakening, he is a former Zen monk and Dharma Master in the Zen tradition, and his Ph.D. degree from the University of California, Berkeley, focused on educating intuition and altruism in adults. He has taught college courses in creativity, humanities, religion, and philosophy, and is also a composer and concert pianist. He is noted for his clear and inspiring presentations, and is featured in many documentary films, including Cowspiracy; A Prayer for Compassion; Vegan: Everyday Stories; and HOPE: What You Eat Matters. See "http://www.worldpeacediet.com" www.worldpeacediet.com for more details.
Products: The World Peace Diet – book, audio book; Circles of Compassion – book; Buddhism & Veganism – book; Your Inner Islands – book; Bursting Light – book; Daily VegInspirations – book; Conscious Eating - DVD, and ten CDs of original piano music, guided meditations, and spoken word.
Websites: http://worldpeacediet.com, www.circleofcompassion.org, and http://willtuttle.com.
- Will talks about how important it is for us to learn about nutrition and really understand where your food comes from.
- Will talks about his book The World Peace Diet and the importance of making connections between imprisoning, enforcing medications and tracking animals and how this also happens to humans.
- The most straightforward diet is to go plant-based, whole foods, organic diet with fresh fruits, legumes, nuts and seeds without resorting to processed foods.
- Will’s definition of happiness is doing the best he can to find his unique pathway into the world and share and bless others with his gifts to make it a better world.
- Will’s routine in the morning involves, meditation, tai chi, swims in the lake.
- Nature is what makes Will happy.
- His way of unwinding is playing the piano, reading out loud and taking an outside shower.
- Will’s all time favourite book is Cosmic Consciousness by Richard Bucke which had a profound impact on Will
September 7, 2021
Carla Solo episode – Sept 2021
- Find your Happy is the book that Carla has been spending time on https://www.carlamaree.com.au/show-reel
- Carla talks us through a mindfulness meditation
- Carla tells us what she has been up to in the meantime from NLP training, coaching, yoga teacher training, to reading some new books
- The importance of water is discussed and cryotherapy
- Carla discusses her experience online dating
- Carla challenges you to think about what happiness means to you
- Having a routine is really important to Carla starting with meditation, celery juice, and teaching yoga, and jumping into the ocean
- The top three things that make Carla’s heart sing is her nephews and nieces, travelling, sitting in the café drinking a coffee reading a book
- Hummus, avocado, salmon would be her last meal
- Carla talks about the importance of sleep
- Oprah, her Nana, Tony Robbins, would be her fantasy dinner guests
- Her theme song would be Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves
- Carla finishes with a concluding meditation
- Greenlights – Matthew McCaughey
- Glennon Doyle - https://momastery.com/
- Find Your Happy – Carla Maree
- Nothing is Impossible – Christopher Reeve
- Man’s Search for Meaning – Victor Frankel
- The Girl from Munich – Tania Blanchard
- Shoe Dog – Phil Knight
October 20, 2020
EPISODE – Dennis Berry
Dennis Berry is a Certified Life Coach for Addiction Recovery and Life Mastery in Colorado, USA, but has been working with people worldwide for over 15 years. With modern technology, he can work with anybody anywhere via Zoom.
His expertise is in Addiction Recovery for men and he has first-hand experience as he has been clean and sober since April 2003. Through his journey in sobriety and recovery, it helped define his mission in life, which is to help others on their journey to achieve inner peace and success in every area of their lives.
- Dennis identified quite early on with his life that his coping mechanism to help with worry and anxiety revolved around drinking.
- After a difficult incident with cocaine while he was younger, he went into rehab and has been clean ever since.
- Self-love is the best way to overcome addiction and Dennis speaks more on this.
- Dennis talks about the importance of coaching.
- Contentment, and self-love is Dennis’s definition of happiness.
- Meditation is how Dennis starts his day.
- Dennis likes good food; exercise and his fantasy meal would be filet mignon.
- Bob Marley, Dalai Lama, Nelson Mandela would be at Dennis’s fantasy dinner party.
- Finding our purpose is to be of service and to help each other according to Dennis.
- The Happiest Man on Earth – Eddie Jaku
- The Tao of Happiness – Chuang Tzu
Life Coach | Addiction | Recovery
Host of The Funky Brain Podcast
Best Selling Author | Motivational Keynote Speaker
September 28, 2020
EPISODE – Hildie Dunn
Hildie Dunn Senior Coach Hildie Dunn’s natural enthusiasm and incredible heart is well suited to coaching. Her spirit, while infectious and inspiring to her clients and colleagues, is balanced by her desire to see people through not only the victories, but also the roughest patches of their lives. Her mission as a coach with Handel Group Life Coaching is to empower people to live extraordinary lives and reach their dreams with joy and intention. That’s quite a tall order, but Hildie delights in the challenge.
Hildie received her bachelor’s degree in English with a minor in Education from LaSalle University and her master’s degree in Student Personnel Work with an emphasis on Human Development from The Ohio State University. She dove into the educational world and has been committed to educating and helping people of all ages flourish ever since. She was formerly a fourth grade teacher at St. John’s Ukrainian Catholic School in Newark, NJ and an Assistant Dean of Ursinus College in Collegeville, PA. Hildie then saw her opportunity to help adults continue to learn and evolve when she found intenSati. She so loved this powerful heart-mind-body fitness practice that she became an instructor. As Assistant Program Manager at Johnson & Johnson, she not only led intenSati classes, but also co-led their corporate wellness program.
Hildie is also a practicing nutritional counselor, educated at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, and a certified personal trainer. She brings integrity and a unique knowledge of the body-mind connection to her clients. Hildie leads Handel Group events in the New York metro area, group telecourses and she privately coaches clients. She is a mother of three young adults and she lives with one bouncy chocolate Labrador and one little Shih-poo in Bridgewater, NJ.
Learn to Human Better with Lauren Zander's online coaching course, Inner.U LIFE, the online coaching course that gives you the tools to get yourself unstuck, wildly happy, and thriving where it matters most to you: your relationship to your SELF, CAREER, LOVE, BODY, MONEY, TIME, and more. From wherever, whenever.
Get Inner.U LIFE for just $325 with your coupon. (regular price $650).
Receive lifetime access with your subscription which includes: 12 audio coaching sessions from Lauren Zander, 1 free private coaching session with an HG coach, access to Inner.University and the 6-week coaching bootcamp with an HG Coach, 14 homework assignments, the interactive Promise Tracker to accelerate your accountability and track your promises and consequences.
Get Started with your GETHAPPYHOUR coupon at: http://bit.ly/gethappyhour-IU
Talk to a human and see if Handel Group coaching options are right for you: http://bit.ly/gethappyhour-consult
On the web: HGLife.Coach
On Instagram @handelgroup
- Hildie’s background came from academia as a college dean then moved into nutrition and fitness and spent time teaching intense mindfulness training. This led her to move into coaching.
- 3 months of coaching changed the game for Hildie’s life.
- Hildie prirotises on having fun in every day. To help people get clear on what they want to do and what dreams they want to achieve.
- Hildie talks about dreaming – achieving small because it’s safe vs dreaming big for your passion.
- Hildie talks about how coaching and doing the Inner U work has helped her life.
- Being proud and inspired is Hildie’s definition of happiness.
- Hildie’s morning ritual is meditating and praying and doing her “daily design” of how she wants her day to go but written in the past tense as if it has already happened. She writes 5 things she’s grateful for from the day before.
- Being around family, moving her body in this world and when she knows she’s made a difference brings her extreme joy.
- The one thing that makes the biggest difference to your health is being honest and telling the truth in Hildie’s opinion.
- Hildie’s fantasy dinner guests would be Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu and Mother Theresa.
- Gloria Gaynor’s “I will survive” would be Hildie’s theme song a it talks about resilience being key.
- Carla and Hildie talk about random acts of kindness.
- Pick one area of your life that you are struggling in, and write the dream from how you see it in a year from now. So you can write it without any negatives and you can deeply connect to the why. Write it and read it every day as this will set the GPS for how you navigate this.
- The Power of Awareness – Neville Goddard
Get Started with Inner.U
Get Your Current Reality Quiz
Talk to a Coach: Complimentary Consultation
Read Maybe It's You
Connect with us on Facebook
Stay Inspired @handelgroup
September 8, 2020
EPISODE – Zach Schleien
Zach Schleien is the co-founder of the video speed dating app, Filter Off. Filter Off has been featured in publications such as The New York Times, BBC, and ABC. Prior to Filter Off, he ran and sold the dating blog Top Romp, which covered dating hacks and apps for the millennial dater. His passions lie in technology, health, and creating authentic connections. When he is not working, Zach loves to travel the world, listen to podcasts, and workout.
- Zach has always been fascinated by online dating and this led him to create a video-first speed dating global app.
- Filter Off started a side hustle while Zach has been working his 9-5.
- Age, interest and gender and more are some of the parameters that are calculated when creating a video speed-date event.
- This is attractive to a serious dater where clients dress to impress ready for a video chat. It brings mindfulness and presence to being an active participant.
- Zach talks about how the pandemic has affected dating.
- Zach’s definition of happiness is about being fulfilled.
- His morning routine involves being disconnected with technology first thing so espresso and working outs is something that sets him for the day.
- The things that brings him joy are experiences, travelling, and spending time with people.
- His routine involves keeping health and nutrition at the forefront of his priorities.
- His fantasy dinner guests would include Martin Luther King Jr, and Gandhi.
- Zach ends his day with gratitude.
- Shoe Dog – Phil Knight
- Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini
August 18, 2020
Aimee Raupp, MS, LAc, is a renowned women’s health & wellness expert and the best- selling author of the books Chill Out & Get Healthy, Yes, You Can Get Pregnant, and Body Belief. A licensed acupuncturist and herbalist in private practice in New York, she holds a Master of Science degree in Traditional Oriental Medicine from the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine and a Bachelor’s degree in biology from Rutgers University. Aimee is also the founder of the Aimee Raupp Beauty line of hand-crafted, organic skincare products. She has appeared on The View, and has been featured in Glamour, Allure, Well + Good, GOOP, Shape, and Redbook, and has received endorsements from Deepak Chopra, Dr. Christiane Northrup, Arianna Huffington, and Gabby Bernstein for her work in helping thousands of women to improve their vitality, celebrate their beauty, and reconnect to the presence of their optimal health. Aimee is also the Head of Chinese Medicine at The Well, an active columnist for media outlets such as Thrive Global, Well + Good, MindBodyGreen and is a frequent speaker at women’s health & wellness conferences across the nation. She engages her large community worldwide through her online programs and with her website, www.aimeeraupp.com.
- Aimee’s passion is steeped in bringing her research into health and wellbeing to the masses and putting physical and emotional illnesses together. She uses this to work with clients to be kinder and more compassionate to yourself.
- Aimee’s definition of happiness is ease and flow.
- Aimee’s morning routine starts with meditation, coffee and finding moments of gratitude while looking out to the woods in the garden.
- The top things that make Aimee’s heart sing is seeing her young son have fun, laughing with her husband and helping women achieve positive pregnancy test results
- Bone broth, egg and spinach soup is her breakfast fantasy choice.
- Aimee is a big reader and Deepak Chopra Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, and The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho are her top favourite books.
- Her non-negotiables are listening to Abraham Hicks meditation and exercise – nourishing her body is a must.
- Connecting and listening to your body is the best thing you can do for your body according to Aimee.
- Her fantasy dinner guests would be family, Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopra.
- Born To Run by Bruce Springsteen would be her theme song.
- Spreading the word of Aimee’s work and her books is the way to share the message on getting the best of health and wellness.
July 27, 2020
Nic was once described as a “Statistician with a Soul” because of his unusual combination of ‘hard’ statistical skills and ‘soft’ people skills, he draws on scientific evidence to show that everyone benefits when businesses take happiness seriously. Nic founded Friday Pulse an innovative tech business based in London to be the catalyst in changing the world of work for the better.
After studying Mathematics, Economics and Management at the University of Cambridge, Nic gained postgraduate qualifications in Operational Research at Lancaster University and Organizational Change at the University of Surrey, also completing a three-year practical training in Counselling and Psychotherapy along the way.
In 2001 he founded the Centre for Wellbeing at the London-based think tank the New Economics Foundation. Nic and his team produced a stream of ground-breaking reports including the Happy Planet Index, Five Ways to Wellbeing and National Accounts of Wellbeing. In 2008 they were awarded the “Betterment of Humankind Award” from the International Society for Quality of Life Studies for their work on wellbeing in public policy.
Nic was an advisor to the UK Government Office for Science on the Wellbeing Foresight Programme and has written over 20 publications. In 2010 Nic was invited to speak at the prestigious TED global conference. His TED talk has now been watched well over a million times, and he authored one of the original three TEDbooks, entitled ‘A Happiness Manifesto’. Nic was named as one of the Top Ten Original Thinkers by the UK’s Institute of Directors magazine and his work was listed as one of Forbes Magazine’s Seven Most Powerful Ideas in 2011.
Nic is an in-demand public speaker, giving talks at a wide range of events from keynotes at HR conferences to an exclusive Virgin Unite gathering on Necker - Richard Branson’s private island - though undoubtedly his favourite recent talk was in a circus tent at the Wilderness music festival.
- Nic started out working in the public health field and over time started refining his skills working with the U.K. government and companies to help their employees.
- His priority to help to communicate health and happiness statistics to relay data in a meaningful way on how to live a better life.
- “Friday pulse” is about using KPIs to show how you measure staff engagement levels. It places an emphasis on how people “feel” and aim to have more good weeks than bad weeks and try to help with resilience in the workplace.
- Nic encourages people to be more open with people when they are working. Playing to their strengths, acknowledging their efforts and working on frustrations before they fester.
- Connect, being fair (balance), empowerment (delegation/autonomy), challenge, inspiration are examples of things organisations can do to help the happiness and well-being of their employees.
- Nic talks about staff morale in the time of Covid.
- Nic talks about the Happy Planet Index.
- Nic’s definition of happiness is feeling good and feeling well.
- Nic likes starting the morning slowly and eases into the day
- The top three things that make Nic’s heart sing is that he walks every day for an hour on his own to reflect and ponder, he likes dancing and being with people especially deep friendships, and being altruistic.
- Nic’s fantasy meal would alternate between salmon and salad or sausage and mash potato.
- Walking would be his non-negotiable thing he makes sure he does every day.
- Nic likes clever, improvised comedy and humour to make him laugh.
- Nic’s fantasy dinner guests would include his 80-year-old big-hearted friend Riccardo, Tim Minchin, Sandi Toksvig, and his wife Zoe.
- Jason Mraz “Have it All” and Leonard Cohen songs would be his theme songs
- The Strange Order of Things – Antionio Demassio
- Shantaram – Gregory David Roberts
July 14, 2020
Jay Shifman is an Addiction and Mental Health Speaker, Writer, Consultant, Coach, and Advocate and the host of the Choose Your Struggle podcast. Ten years in recovery from a prescription pill addiction, Jay works with people ready to choose the next step in their Mental Health journey. He lives on Daniel Island, South Carolina, in the US, with his wife, Lauren, and their dog, Nell.
- Jay’s pill addiction came from ADHD tablets then started to show symptoms of bipolar disorder and was using 5-6 pills a day and at 23, tried to commit suicide and that was the start of his awakening to heal himself.
- On January 2nd 2010, he was on his way to his grandparents where he spent 4 months where he spent his time recovering and coming off his meds.
- He then had a chance to look after a coffee shop and slowly he began rebuilding his life.
- Jay talks about the stigma around addiction and mental health and his podcast helps to dispel those thoughts.
- Jay’s definition of happiness is actualization – being mindful in what you are doing.
- His morning routine involves stretching and positive affirmations.
- Things that light Jay up includes seeing people spread joy, people taking positive steps, indulging in things that bring you pleasure.
- His fantasy meal is a mixture of family meals.
- His fan of Star Wars and Harry Potter
- He does a daily check in at lunchtime and a review at night to see how he feels at the end of the day.
- Mindfulness is the best thing Jay believes will be beneficial for health.
- His fantasy dinner guests would be Robin Williams and his grandmothers.
- Jay has two practices of gratitude on a Monday morning shoutout and Friday afternoon coffee treats to people who have made a difference to him.
www.JayShifman.com is my website.
www.OrnelasStationConsulting.com is my company’s website.
Jay Shifman is my name on LinkedIn and Facebook
@TheNextShifman is my Instagram
@JBShifman is my twitter handle.
Choose Your Struggle is the podcast.