In each episode, I chat with entrepreneurs, thought-leaders & life’s go-getters. They’re real people, living a real-life journey & inspiring real change in the world. We discuss their secrets to happiness & success, sources of inspiration and inspiring stories of change. Listeners will learn what makes these people’s heart sing and leave each episode with new tips that’ll help bring more happiness into their everyday
Thursday Oct 20, 2022
Thursday Oct 20, 2022
Kumu Pa'a Kawika Foster is a 51st Generation Traditional Cultural Practitioner & Teacher from Halawa, Molokai. His sharing style combines Ancient Wisdom with a Modern Approach. Through straight forward talks and real world applications, Kumu demonstrates how Traditional Hawaiian Spirituality relates to these changing times.
Facebook: Mana O Kahiko
Instagram: Mana O Kahiko
Youtube: Mana O Kahiko
Twitter: Mana O Kahiko
· Kumu’s cultural heritage came from being born in the Hawaiian Islands and learnt at 23 his background of culture and Hawaiian spirituality. He met his teacher in Molokai and had a commitment ceremony to become the 51st generation of a cultural practitioner.
· His Hawaiian spiritual background has around 4000 deities and has numerous pillars of focus including love “Aloha”, “Pono” – alignment about things being in the rightful place and how it relates to your “Ohana” – your family/community.
· Kumu says that people come to seek happiness and Kumu teaches the wisdom from his ancestry to help people find the change in order to create and maintain happiness.
· Understanding that breaking the confines of how to get out of the things that make people feel stuck is what Kumu helps people with and creating the change that is required.
· If we find ourselves unhappy, we have to create change. Look to the source. That source is in our ancestry, our wellbeing to our higher power is a way of nurturing that special relationship. This includes communicating through prayer, chanting, meditation etc and requires discipline.
· The wind, trees, land, the moon are all examples of the ancestry we can source for our wellbeing.
· The light and warmth of the Sun are one of the most healing and growing energy powers and plays an important role in the duality with the cooling, feminine energy of the moon.
· Kumu’s definition of happiness is stillness in silence and being in complete and total alignment with what you are born with and what you aspire to be in the future. It is all the time and is a state of being.
· Kumu’s morning routine is giving thanks and prayers to his family and ancestors.
· The top things that make Kumu’s heart sing is singing, spending time with his family, making space/design for how things look/make him feel around him
· Kumu’s fantasy meal is tacos
· Stories from Molokai and Darkness of Night are amongst Kumu’s favourite books.
· Forgiveness and surrendering are one of the best things we can do for our health
· The things that make Kumu laugh are comedy jokes, flatulence, the stuff we tend to hide as humans that when it occurs it’s a relief to acknowledge its presence.
· Kumu’s gratitude practice includes chanting and shares a chant with Carla
I have a 20% off code to share with you guys, you can go to magicmind.co slash
and enter the code HH20 at checkout. The best part is that they have a money back guarantee. If
you get the subscription, it’s a 40% off. My 40% off code only lasts 10 days, so hurry up.
And get 40% off your subscription for the next 10 days with my code
Monday Oct 03, 2022
Monday Oct 03, 2022
Monday Oct 03, 2022
Principles that I live by
Carla talks about her recent time in Bali from yoga, to ice baths. She’s enjoyed reading and taking some time out to work on herself, her business and to relax.
· Principle 1: Exercise and Movement
Walking and moving the body to keep the energy moving. This includes walking the dog an hour a day whilst trying to get 7000-10000 steps per day and having a regular yoga practice daily and doing a weight-based practice three times a week.
· Principle 2: Meditation
This has been a game-changer. This includes mantras, transcendental meditation, breathwork and stillness. This allows intuition to come through and ideas for things to listen too.
· Principle 3: Lots of fluid
This includes a green juice; a celery juice has been part of a daily practice from learning about this from the medical medium. Drinking a lot of water to help through the day is key to hydration. Magic Mike drinks also helps to combat lethargy.
· Principle 4: Laughter
Big belly laughs, and entering into that childlike energy brings so much joy.
· Principle 5: Being social with friends and family
Whilst being introverted, it is important to maintain connections that you are surrounded with people that uplift you and make you be a better person.
· Principle 6: Do something every day that brings you joy
Make a list and every day do something that brings you joy.
· Principle 7: Spend time in nature
Especially for those that work indoors, in front of a computer etc. Spending time outdoors reminds you how restorative it is for your soul
· Principle 8: Get enough sleep
This is so important to priortise as this helps to restore and recover at night time.
· Principle 9: Make time to read
Leaders are readers. Anything to develop your skills, and higher thought processes.
· Principle 10: Know your values
This is great as a tool to help with decision-making to lead from the heart not the head. This helps to navigate what is important to you.
· Principle 11: Setting goals and self-development
Being a student of life and learning new skills and adapt to new situations helps you grow as a person.
· Principle 12: Travel
This helps me broaden my horizons and helps me learn about my place in the world.
· Principle 13: Have a gratitude practice
When we have that time to realise the things we have to be grateful for we are able to be blessed with more things coming our way too.
Magic mind the awesome product I am taking, grab your subscription here https://www.magicmind.co/hh and please use code HH20 to get 40% off
Monday Aug 29, 2022
Monday Aug 29, 2022
EPISODE – Carla solo episode: The 12 Laws of Living
- The Law of Divine One – everything and everyone is connected. Every thought, action etc affects everyone else. We are all connected subconsciously. We are a part of One and we all want to see others thrive.
- The Law of Energy/Vibration – everything moves as frequency/vibration and each action and thought has its own frequency. Think positive then more positive things come.
- The Law of Action – each action will provide a different result. Each action must support our thoughts, dreams and goals for the world.
- The Law of Correspondence – we are in control of our life, every action we make will be reflected in our outer world and our inner world. Make the internal changes so that the external changes.
- The Law of Cause and Effect – it is each of our action that creates a reaction. Every statement you make is an example of this Law. What goes around comes around, there is karmic retribution
- The Law of Compensation – Blessings will come in various forms, money, gifts, friendships etc. Generosity and donations will come back to you.
- The Law of Attraction – This Law will bring people of things into our life by actions, thoughts or emotions. We use this energy to attract more energy. Once you start to raise your vibration, this will help to raise vibration of things that improve life on your own frequency.
- The Law of Perpetual Transformation of Energy – this law states that higher vibrations can transform and uplift the lower energies. If you want to create change, you vibrate higher and you let go of the lower energy that keeps you stuck. We want to create the life we desire.
- The Law of Relativity – in order for us to develop, we have to go through problems while keeping connected to the heart. Whenever we are facing challenges, there are other people worse off.
- The Law of Polarity – everything has an opposite. We have to experience the ups and downs of life, we have to feel to be sad, so we know what happiness feels like.
- The Law of Rhythm – everything has a different rhythm in each cycle so it’s about getting ready to face the negative part of each cycle so you can recognize some of the things that are negative and then focus on seeing the benefits of this and looking at the positives and also recognizing that this is a cycle.
- The Law of Gender – this is about yin/yang and masculine/feminine energies. We all possess this. Energy, logic, husting, intellect = masculine energy. Love, patience, gentleness, nurturing etc = feminine energy. Showing and understanding where we can balance this.
Friday Aug 12, 2022
Friday Aug 12, 2022
Friday Aug 12, 2022
This week I chat with Sarah Grynberg
With her warm, relatable, and personable demeanor, Sarah Grynberg’s passions lie in teaching people of all ages how to adopt the habits and strategies of life’s greatest leaders – to help them live their most inspired lives.
Sarah is the current host and producer of one of Australia’s most top-rated self- improvement podcasts, A Life of Greatness. It is here where she’s personally interviewed some of the world’s biggest celebrities: including Matthew McConaughey, Wim Hof, Jay Shetty, Daniel Ricciardo, Simon Sinek, Sadhguru, Dr Joe Dispenza, Robin Sharma, Dr Gabor Mate, Mark Manson, Tara Brach as well as many others.
Through her decades of experience working with some of the world’s biggest names, and her own ongoing research studying the lives of the world's most influential people, she has formulated her own blueprint to achieving greatness. Via these practices and techniques, her ultimate goal is to impart this wisdom and knowledge via her talks, podcasts, books & tv to anyone who may need it, so they too can lead their own lives of greatness.
Sarah’s continual research of great thought-leaders, strategic mindsets, and the practices and habits that cultivate greatness, has led her to create a secondary podcast series, Unlock the Greatness Within. It is here she sheds light on topics like The Power of Kindness, How to Find Purpose, Habits for Achieving Greatness, Stop Caring What Others Think Of You, and Following Your Intuition.
- Sarah started her career as a producer on breakfast radio and found that with the long hours, and negative environment, it started to affect her and then question is there something better than this. This led her onto a spiritual path and her delving into self-improvement.
- Law of Attraction and manifestation is something that led her to create her own podcast and had Hamish Blake and Joe Dispenza in the first season and it grew from there.
- Sarah talks about the most memorable guests she has had on her podcast.
- Carla and Sarah discuss playfulness in adulthood.
- Sarah’s definition of happiness is about finding joy within yourself
- Sarah’s routine involves manifestation meditations and vedic chanting and saying the prayer of St Francis.
- The top things that make Sarah happy is her family, and her friends.
- Her all time favourite food that she enjoys making is pizza
- Her all time favourite book that she goes back to in times of need is The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra and has currently finished reading How to be a Triangle by Lily Singh
- Gratitude through prayer is Sarah’s gratitude practice
- Pearl Jam songs from the nineties is a reflection of her personality
- The best thing that the listeners can do to support Sarah is to listen to her podcast.
Find out more about Sarah at https://sarahgrynberg.com/
the place to get all her meditations and recourses https://sarahgrynberg.com/shop
Wednesday Jul 27, 2022
Wednesday Jul 27, 2022
Wednesday Jul 27, 2022
This week i chat with the awesome and fun Lauren Krasnodembski who is the creator of the Mind Muscle Motivator, LLC a transformational wellness
company that helps busy driven women step into their life filled with passion and purpose through her creative writing, speaking, coaching and retreats. She advocates that your mind is like a muscle and you get to exercise it regularly until it begins to serve you. Lauren is a thought provoker, and is passionate about helping other busy driven women discover themselves on a deeper level so their passions and purpose discover them, and they design a life they love!
She is married to her high school sweetheart, Brian and has two beautiful gifts, Brody and Maya. By day, she is a full-time healthcare attorney at a fortune 10 company, and spends her free time spreading light and love to herself and others through her words and daily actions.
Lauren wrote this book to help other busy driven women create more fulfillment and zest for their own life. She trusts that her book Reclaim Your Power will motivate you to begin or deepen your own self-discovery so your passions and purpose discover you.
In her free time, you can find Lauren in the bath, by the fire or in her hammock reading. She enjoys riding bikes and having hot tub dates with her kids and husband. She is a sucker for all water related activities and eating yummy food is her second hobby!
- Lauren didn’t know what her calling was in life despite thriving in her job, her dream home and family. She went on a quest to find what fuels her passion for life.
- She found that on a conscientious level that she wanted to be in service to herself and others and continues to work as an attorney, building retreats for women and self-discovery.
- Lauren has written a book about reclaiming your power and started out not knowing what she is passionate about and delves into personality tests and astrology as a way of starting to find out about her strengths.
- Exercising your mind like a muscle helps to strengthen it and also to deepen the connection between mind and body is important.
- Getting clear on values can help you identify how to make decisions based on these and where to find inspiration to help with self-motivation.
- Giving back to yourself and others by creating harmony Is Lauren’s definition of happiness.
- Lauren’s morning routine power involves 5 minutes of quiet time and sets up her idea of success for the day.
- Lauren kids, water-based activities and trying new things make Lauren’s heart sing.
- Lauren’s all time favourite book is anything by Louise Hays
- Lauren looks up to her boss, her parents, her children that help shape her values and personality.
- Lauren talks about a chapter in her book about the healing power of laughter.
- Her gratitude practice involves using “joy jars” as a way of helping her kids and family feel gratitude into the day.
- Her fantasy dinner guests include: Oprah, Louise Hays, and Lizzo
- This Girl is on Fire by Alicia Keys is her theme song
Wednesday Jul 06, 2022
Wednesday Jul 06, 2022
Wednesday Jul 06, 2022
Researcher, founder of SomaBody Trauma-Informed Pleasure Work, and author of the book Fawn: When No Looks Like Yes, Nischa Phair is educating us on fawning – when we sacrifice our authenticity to gain affection – and its detriment to our relationships. As an abusive relationship survivor, Nischa dives into the influence of stress triggers on the body, plus the impacts of toxic dating culture, and how we can learn to take back control of our power.
- Nischa has been in tune with her body since early childhood development and how stress responses and triggers feel in her tissues on a cellular level within her body
- Nischa started as a yoga teacher after a corporate career in fashion and started to learn how she turned up in her body and feel movement with dance and how this was a reflection of her life
- Every behaviour on the outside has a corresponding nervous tissue state for example can be seen as fight or flight and fawned responses are how our body is expressing on the outside
- Nischa talks about fawning in short-term and long-term relationships
- Consent is discussed under the fawning microscope
- Somatic comfort and reorienting this and being comfortable in your own skin is Nischa’s definition of happiness
- Nischa’s morning routine is drinking water, grounding and centering exercises
- The top three things that bring Nischa joy is being alive, dancing, and orgasms
- Her one meal left to eat would be veggies and dark chocolate
- Her top books are Bone, Breath and Gesture by Don Hanlon Johnson, and To Kill A Mockingbird
- Her fantasy dinner dates would be Jeff Goldblum and Maya Angelou
- Laughter is important to regulate the nervous system and her dog makes her laugh along with the laugh off challenge that she does with Carla
- Nischa’s gratitude practice is getting in tune with her body and feeling into the gratitude in a somatic way
Tuesday Jun 21, 2022
Tuesday Jun 21, 2022
Tuesday Jun 21, 2022
So yes I love books, so this week on the podcast i dive deep into my favorite books. I hope you enjoy xx
Carla Solo Book Episode
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma is a 2014 book by Bessel van der Kolk about the effects of psychological trauma, also known as traumatic stress
- Medical Medium, Secrets Behind Chronic and Mystery Illness and How to Finally Heal by Anthony William
- How Not To Die is one of the most important books on health ever written. Dr. Greger shows us how to prevent and sometimes reverse all the major diseases that are killing us. We have the genetic potential to live disease free lives full of health and vitality until we are past 100.
- Why We Sleep, Dr. Matthew Walker brilliantly illuminates the night, explaining how sleep can make us healthier, safer, smarter, and more productive.
- Life Force by Tony Robbins, Peter Diamandis, and Robert Hariri brings you the most important resources that can help anyone sustain peak performance, and lead a healthy and more vital life.
- Will by Will Smith a brave, inspiring and wildly entertaining memoir full of self-help lessons for readers, from one of the world's leading entertainer
- Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela
- Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey Greenlightsis a short memoir. Matthew McConaughey has written about some valuable insights and observations from his own life.
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson is the authorized self-titled biographyof American business magnate and Apple co-founder Steve Jobs.
- Shoe Dog by Phil Knight Shoe Dogis a real-life story of passion, perseverance, belief, loyalty and teamwork with a lot of heart.
- 4 hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss In The 4-Hour Workweek, #1 New York Times best-selling author Tim Ferriss, teaches you how to escape the 9-5, live anywhere, and join the new rich.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. The core idea is that you can change other people's behaviour simply by changing your own. It teaches you the principles to better understand people, become a more likable person, improve relationships, win others over, and influence behaviour through leadership.
- Start with Why – How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action by Simon Sinek Start with Whyanalyses leaders like Martin Luther King Jr and Steve Jobs and discovers that they all think in the same way - they all started with why.
Tony Robbins Books:
Regardless of your stage in life or your current financial picture, the quest for financial freedom can indeed be conquered.
The journey will demand the right tools and strategies along with the mindset of money mastery. With decades of collective wisdom and hands-on experience, your guides for this expedition are Peter Mallouk, the only man in history to be ranked the #1 Financial Advisor in the U.S. for three consecutive years by Barron’s (2013, 2014 and 2015) and Tony Robbins, the World’s #1 Life and Business Strategist. Mallouk and Robbins take the seemingly daunting goal of Financial Freedom and simplify it into a step-by-step process than anyone can achieve.
After interviewing fifty of the world’s greatest financial minds, and penning the #1 New York Times best seller Money: Master the Game, Tony Robbins returns with a step-by-step playbook, taking you on a journey to transform your financial life and accelerate your path to financial freedom. No matter your salary, your stage of life, or when you started, this is one of many self-help books that will provide the tools to help you achieve your financial goals more rapidly than you ever thought possible.
Based on extensive research and interviews with some of the most legendary investors at work today (John Bogle, Warren Buffett, Paul Tudor Jones, Ray Dalio, Carl Icahn, and many others), Tony Robbins has created a 7-step blueprint for securing financial freedom.
With advice about taking control of your financial decisions, to setting up a savings and investing plan, to destroying myths about what it takes to save and invest, to setting up a “lifetime income plan,” the book brims with advice and practices for making the financial game not only winnable—but providing financial freedom for the rest of your life.
If you want to fulfill your dreams of living a better life, both professionally and personally, Unlimited Power is the book for you. Although written when Tony Robbins was only 25 years old, Unlimited Power remains as one of the most popular and overall best self-help books available.
With Unlimited Power, you will learn how to reach the quality of life you think you deserve. Tony Robbins has helped heads of state, royalty, Olympic and professional athletes achieve their goals, and with Unlimited Power, so can you. Tony passionately and eloquently reveals the science of personal achievement and teaches you:
- How to find out what you really want
- The Seven Lies of Success
- How to reprogram your mind in minutes to eliminate fears and phobias
- The secret of creating instant rapport with anyone you meet
- How to duplicate the success of others
- The Five Keys to Wealth and Happiness
Unlimited Power is a revolutionary fitness book for the mind. It will show you, step by step, how to perform at your peak while gaining emotional and financial freedom, attaining leadership and self-confidence, and winning the cooperation of others. It will give you the knowledge and course to remake yourself and your world. Unlimited Power is a guidebook to superior performance in an age of success.
We all have an enormous potential within us, but too many of us shackle ourselves with limiting beliefs. How many times have you wanted to achieve a goal, only to tell yourself that you’re not capable of doing so? Stop telling yourself that you’re not enough, and instead, work toward achieving the extraordinary. Break the barriers and awaken the giant within with this Tony’s most effective strategies and tactics for mastering your relationships, your finances, your emotions, and your life.
Tony wrote the first edition of Notes From a Friend in 1991, handing it out to thousands of people who needed to overcome their greatest challenges. This easy-to-understand and concise guide is now available to you in this special, updated edition with all-new material.
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E Frankl Psychiatrist Viktor Frankl's memoir has riveted generations of readers with its descriptions of life in Nazi death camps and its lessons for spiritual survival.
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle Much more than simple principles and platitudes, The Power of Now takes readers on an inspiring spiritual journey to find their true and deepest self and reach the ultimate in personal growth and spirituality: the discovery of truth and light.
- Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsh Conversations with Godmarks Neale Donald Walsch's initial dialogue with God. This book discusses personal issues such as prosperity, relationships and the nature of spiritual truth -with God providing clear, understandable answers. Further than the author's conversation with God, you'll realise that your own understanding and your own conversation with God are the true subjects of this unforgettable text.
- An Untethered Soul by Michael Singer In the bookThe Untethered Soul, Michael A. Singer takes you step-by-step through the process of Gyana, the yoga of the Intellect, to the Source
Top 10 Best Wayne Dyer Book by Nerdy Creator
1. The Shift
“The greatest hunger of all is the hunger for meaning.”
This is the first book I read from Wayne Dyer. During my recovery from depression, I had some insights on spirituality but I didn’t know exactly what it is and how to explain it. This book speaks to me on a deep level and helps me learn a lot about my experience. It also got me started reading other spiritual books.
If you are someone who is always working hard or doing a lot, but somehow still feel unfulfilled in life, this is the book to read. It takes you on a journey from ambition to meaning and let you realize that your spirit yearns for meaning, not ambition.
The book is also made into an inspiration movie of the same name and released by Hay House. Wayne Dyer acted in the movie as himself.
2. Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life
“Sharpen a blade too much and its edge will soon be lost.”
This book is Wayne Dyer’s interpretation of Lao Tze’s Tao Te Ching. He spent one whole year reading and practicing the verses of the Tao. It consists of 81 chapters and is meant to be read slowly.
You don’t have to be a Taoist to receive wisdom from this book. Tao Te Ching is just a way of life and Wayne Dyer makes it easy for you to apply Lao Tze’s teaching to your daily life. At the end of each chapter, he provides action steps which you can take to make your life peaceful, inspired and harmonious.
If you want to have a book that you can refer to from time to time and remind you to be at peace, this is the book for you.
3. Being in Balance
“There’s no such thing as stress; there are only people thinking stressful thoughts.”
Wayne Dyer says that everything in the universe is in balance, except we humans. He points out that there is a very subtle imbalance between our dream (our reason for life) and our habits (our way of life). For example, our desire to enjoy life is often hindered by our stressful thoughts of needing to achieve more.
This book is not about adopting new strategies to change your behavior. It’s about aligning your thinking habits with your deepest desires and restoring the natural equilibrium in your lives.
In this book, Wayne Dyer covers nine imbalances that will help you be more aware of these unhealthy habits. This book is suitable for those who feel dissatisfied with their life but doesn’t understand why.
4. The Power of Intention
“You feel good not because the world is right, but your world is right because you feel good.”
As the book title suggests, this book is about intention. This intention isn’t your intention to do something; it’s the intention of the universe.
Wayne Dyer believes that there is an invisible force and energy field that is bigger than ourselves. When we surrender to this built-in intention in the universe and trust its power, we co-create the lives we desire.
This book speaks to the heart. It allows you to feel connected to the universe and its 7 faces — creativity, kindness, love, beauty, expansiveness, abundance and receptivity. Not only will this book inspires you, it also provides a step-by-step guide to help you apply these principles into your daily life.
5. 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace
“Have a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing.”
This is a book about success but in the perspective of spirituality. It’s not about goal setting, financial planning, or choosing the right career. It’s about having inner peace which is what that truly defines success for him.
In this book, Wayne Dyer elaborates on 10 principles that will guide you to tranquility. Unlike other books from him, this book is a quick read and doesn’t have many personal stories. So it is suitable for anyone who is new to Wayne Dyer’s works or spirituality. It’s also good for someone who wants a quick recap of his teachings.
6. Wishes Fulfilled
“The greatest gift that you were ever given was the gift of your imagination.”
This book is about mastering the art of manifesting and getting what you really really want.
The first part of this book gets you to change your concept of yourself and recognize something extraordinary within yourself. As per Wayne Dyer, your highest self is where you realize you are connected to the Divine. When you realize this, you can be anything and do anything.
The second part of the book lays the foundation of how to manifest your wishes. The author says that if you want to accomplish something, you must first expect it of yourself. And it’s not about making positive affirmations; it’s a spiritual knowing. Deep down inside, you must know that you are what you already want to be for the manifestation to work.
7. There’s a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem
“Thinking is the source of problems. Your heart holds the answer to solving them.”
This book is about dissolving the problems created by your mind. As per Wayne Dyer, problems are nothing more than mistakes in our thinking. If we tap into the higher frequency of our spirits, we can eliminate any problems in our lives.
In the beginning of the book, the author shares his experience on having a heart attack and how he shifted from feeling self-pity and denial to gratitude and love. Even though his heart is still damaged, he was able to find peace and recovered when he shifted his energy from negativity to positivity.
The book is suitable for you if you are open to new age philosophies and learning through anecdotes.
8. Wisdom of the Ages
“This book is not about appreciating poetry and philosophy as much as it is about applying the wisdom of these writers to our everyday lives.”
If you have read Wayne Dyer’s books before, you will know he is fascinated by teachers who lived before us and likes to quote them in his books.
For this book, he selects 60 teachers from a variety of eras and cultures and shares his interpretation of their works. The ancestral masters include Buddha, Michelangelo, Rumi, Whitman, and Jesus. At the end of each chapter, he also suggests how we can apply these teachings and wisdom to our modern lives.
This book is great for those who enjoy reading poetry or about important people from the past and what they have taught the world.
9. Your Erroneous Zones
“Happiness means no complaining about the things over which you can do nothing.”
This book is not only Dr. Wayne Dyer first book, it’s also one of his best-selling books. It has sold over 35 million copies!
This book teaches you to take control of your life and not base your self-worth on other people. If you have problems with guilt, worry, anger, and procrastination, this book will help you deal with these erroneous zones and get out of the victim mindset.
However, if you are used to the author’s gentle, inspirational writing tone, this book might not be suitable for you. Before he had deeper insights on spirituality, his writing tends to be more on the motivational side and harsh. He even used some sexual references in the book which some might find inappropriate.
Nonetheless, the content in this book is still useful and worth checking out.
10. I Can See Clearly Now
“There is some sort of purpose associated with everything that arrives in your life.”
This is a memoir on Wayne Dyer’s life. He recalls and shares many of his intimate experiences from the time he was a boy up to the time he wrote this book.
Through examining his own personal life, he wants to show us that there are no accidents in life. Each step of our journey has something important to teach us, be it good or bad. At the end of each chapter, he reveals what he has learned from each incident in his life and how they all lined up together.
If you want to know the backstory of his books, this is the book to get. In this book, Wayne Dyer shares how he got his first book, Your Erroneous Zones, to become the bestseller and what got him to write some of the books on this list.
Top 10 Best Louise Hay Books from Nerdy Creator
1. Heal Your Body
“If we are willing to do the mental work, almost anything can be healed.”
Known as the little blue book by the author, this book has helped hundreds of thousands of people to awaken their ability to their own healing process.
The author believes that disease (or rather “dis-ease” as per the author) can be reversed by simply reversing mental patterns and creating a new thought pattern.
This step-by-step guide can be used as a reference book. Just look up your specific health challenge and you will find the probable cause for this health issue and the information you need to overcome it.
If you want to understand the mental causes for your physical illness and the metaphysical way to overcome it, this book is for you.
2. You Can Heal Your Life
“Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.”
This book is about loving yourself. Every issue you have in your life regardless if it’s about work, finances, health or relationship, you can trace all of them back to the lack of self-love. The problem that we think we have in life is rarely the problem.
In this book, the author takes you through a session just as if you came to her as a private client and attended one of her workshops. She will help you to understand how limiting your thoughts are and how to respond to situations differently.
If you want to free yourself from your negative thinking patterns, read this book.
3. The Power Is Within You
“When I talk about responsibility, I am really talking about having power.”
A follow-up to her previous book, You Can Heal Your Life, the author believes that we contribute toward the creation of every condition in our lives, good or bad, with our thinking, feeling pattern. She believes in taking responsibility.
However, as mentioned in her book, blame and responsibility are different. Blame is about giving away one’s power while responsibility gives us the power to make changes in our lives. And we all have the power within us.
If you want to let go of your hidden resentment and regain the power within you, this is the book for you. It will help you take charge of your life.
Alternatively, you can read The Essential Louise Hay Collection, you can find the first three books in the list as a single volume.
4. Mirror Work
“Love is the most powerful healing force there is. You can take this love out into the world and silently share it with everyone you meet.”
Do you like what you see in the mirror?
If you only see flaws in your face or your body or you often judge yourself when you look at the mirror, then this is the book for you.
In this book, the author creates a 21-day course on mirror work. In three weeks, you will learn how to cultivate a deeper relationship with yourself simply by looking deep into your eyes and repeating affirmations.
This book helps you to look beyond your physical form and truly love yourself. Great for someone who loves self-reflection and journaling.
5. Meditations to Heal Your Life
“If I want to be accepted as I am, then I need to be willing to accept others as they are.”
In this book, the author shares her philosophy of life on a variety of subjects such as work, relationships, and sexuality. Reading this book challenges you to think creatively beyond your limiting beliefs. As per the author, we come into this world totally connected with our inner wisdom but we pick up fears and limitations along the way.
This book doesn’t teach you how to meditate. Instead, you are to take each topic and meditate or contemplate on the subject. If there’s a statement that you don’t agree with, it’s okay. But for growth, you are encouraged to examine your beliefs.
6. You Can Heal Your Heart
“Our thinking creates our experiences. That doesn’t mean the loss didn’t happen or that the grief isn’t real. It means that our thinking shapes our experience of the loss.”
Written with renowned grief and loss expert David Kessler, this book is about finding peace after a breakup, divorce, or death.
If you are hurting and need help in dealing with your ended relationships, this book is for you. It will help you feel your feelings, heal your old wounds, and change your distorted thinking about relationships, love, and life.
You can choose to remember your loved one only with love, not with sadness or regret. This book will help you do so by healing your heart and increasing your self-awareness and compassion.
7. Love Your Body
“Little babies love every inch of their bodies. They have no guilt, no shame, and no comparison.”
If you are someone who judges your body, this is the book for you. This little book helps you to love your body by using affirmations. In this book, you will find 54 affirmations that help you appreciate the different parts of your body such as your hair, eyes, and mouth.
By standing in front of a mirror and repeating these positive affirmations daily, you will plant new positive seeds into your subconscious mind.
Using the power of two proven self-esteem building techniques, this book is part affirmation, part journal. You can create your own affirmations using the blank spaces provided.
8. Power Thoughts
“All that I need to know at any given moment is revealed to me. My intuition is always on my side.”
This small, little, 11cm by 11cm book has 365 daily affirmations to help you build a more fulfilling and rewarding life. As per the author, “Every thought you think and every word you speak is an affirmation. So why not choose to use only positive affirmations to create a new way of thinking, acting, and feeling?”
If you want to bring more positivity into your life and you want something simple that you can read every day, this is the book for you. Read one affirmation a day before you leave your house or give it to your friends as a gift.
Alternatively, you can check out other formats such as her Power Thought Cards or her audiobook, 101 Power Thoughts. Even though the affirmations are different, they are still inspirational and beautiful. It’s also nice to have the author read to you the affirmations in her wonderful voice.
9. I Think, I Am
“When you say something over and over, you start to believe it is true: and what you believe creates what you do and what happens to you.”
Written with her friend, Kristina Tracy, and illustrated by Manuela Schwarz, this children’s book helps children to learn the power of their thoughts. You can use this book to teach your children about affirmations.
The author believes if children could learn about affirmations early on, their journey through life would be happier and more rewarding, with fewer struggles along the way.
This book will show your children how they can apply affirmations to their daily lives. You will find wonderful examples of kids turning negative thoughts into positive words and actions in this book.
10. Trust Life
“I now choose to begin to see myself as the Universe sees me — perfect, whole, and complete.”
This book is published to honour the late Louise Hay. In this book, you will find 366 affirmations, one for every day of the year, including the 29th of February. These affirmations are reflections drawn from the inspirational work and wisdom of Louise Hay.
Whether you follow the affirmation accordingly each day or randomly read a page daily, this book gives you the encouragement and positivity you need for the day. It’s a good book to put beside your bed to read before you start the day or before you go to bed. It will remind you of who you really are.
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz In The Four Agreements, bestselling author don Miguel Ruiz reveals the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey This beloved classic presents a principle-centered approach for solving both personal and professional problems. With penetrating insights and practical anecdotes, Stephen R. Covey reveals a step-by-step pathway for living with fairness, integrity, honesty, and human dignity—principles that give us the security to adapt to change and the wisdom and power to take advantage of the opportunities that change creates.
- Psycho Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz The book combines the cognitive behavioural technique of teaching an individual how to regulate self-concept, using theories developed by Prescott Lecky, with the cybernetics of Norbert Wiener and John von Neumann. The book defines the mind-body connection as the core in succeeding in attaining personal goals.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill Inspired by Andrew Carnegie's magic formula for success, this bookwill teach you the secrets that will bring you a fortune
- All of Joe Dispenzas books https://drjoedispenza.com/
- All of Esther and Jerry Hicks books https://www.abraham-hicks.com/
- 5 Love languages by Gary Chapman Learn how you can communicate in your spouse's 'lovelanguage' and watch your marriage flourish!
- Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus by John Gray In his classic guide to understanding the opposite sex, Dr. John Gray, provides a practical and proven way for men and women to improve their communication and relationships by acknowledging the differences between them
- Dr Phil relationship book Love Smart https://www.amazon.com/Love-Smart-Find-One-Want-Fix/dp/0743272099
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki The bookfocuses on building wealth based on cashflow and increasing income from assets.
- I will teach you to be rich by Ramit Sethi Bestselling author, Ramit Sethi, featured in ABC News, CNN, and the WSJ, has taught thousands to manage their personal finances and how to become rich.
- A Simple Path to Wealth by JL Collins
- Your Money Your Life by Vicki Robin
Wednesday Jun 01, 2022
Wednesday Jun 01, 2022
Wednesday Jun 01, 2022
Carla Morocco Episode
Carla talks about her trip in Morocco and what she has been up to on her holiday away.
- Carla talks about her long flight from Sydney to Dubai to Casablanca to Marrakech
- Carla talks about the food and the mint tea that was abundantly everywhere. She really loved her tagine, olives and medjool dates.
- Touring and seeing the ancient ruins around the mountains are some of the highlights Carla has seen
- Carla talks about her experience with her camel Fred, and staying in her Bedouin tent and facing blustery winds to experiencing Sahara Desert sunrises
- Carla spent her time in Marrakech and explored about the city and experiencing a mud bath, steam room, scrub and mud mask and steam
- Carla talks about her trek up the mountains and experiencing snow on the peaks which meant they were trekking through the snow and staying in the villages in communal huts
- Carla found it challenging trekking up the mountain especially in the snow, in the high altitude and found it to be a really mindful practice as this meant she needed extreme focus to withstand the ice, and focus on the breath as the trek was quite difficult
- After returning from her trip back from Marrakech, Carla went to Casablanca to relax and recharge including a fine dining experience
- Carla talks about her trip from Casablanca to Dubai to Sydney and despite her arriving back home before her luggage did
- Carla reflects on this trip and enjoyed this trip so much and reflecting with a lot of love and gratitude and what is coming up with her coaching clients too.
Find out more about Carla and her coaching at https://www.carlamaree.com.au/free-discovery-session
Wednesday Apr 27, 2022
Wednesday Apr 27, 2022
Wednesday Apr 27, 2022
Carla Solo Episode Money Mindset
- Carla is delving into the stories and limiting beliefs around money to the abundance and growth of it
- Carla first tells us about her upcoming trip to Morocco and her latest books she’s read from breathwork and the importance of breathing in and out of her nose called Breath and Tony Robbins book Life Force and her dating faux pas.
- “The moment you get paid, you always pay yourself first” – taking 10% of any income that comes in goes to a savings account that isn’t going to be touched that you will use for the future.
- What is your money story? And what do you wish to do with it?
- Thank your money and value it from a place of gratitude
- Money is a circulation of life and give where you can, when you enter into a scarity mindset you have to stop those thoughts and think; is this a viewpoint I am coming from? I want to be coming from the abundance mindset
- Print out or create a blank cheque with a value that you want and what it is for and put it in your wallet.
- Affirmations around money can be helpful: “Increasingly I have abundance, above and beyond my needs. I have wealth in all areas of my life as I live and give in abundance. Thank you.”
- “I love money, Money loves me. I love life, live loves me.”
- “I am abundant and I can afford to buy whatever I choose.”
- “I live a life of abundance.”
- “Today I am so grateful for my abundance of money that I was able to buy…”
- Opening a second bank account for things that bring you joy to bring you more into a fuller version of yourself – then you can save towards things like holidays, personal development etc
- “Think and Grow Rich” by Napleon Hill
- “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki
- “Money Master Your Game” by Tony Robbins
- “I’m a baddass on making money” by Jen Sincero
- “Get rich, lucky bitch” by Denise Duffield-Thomas
- “Soul of Money” by Lynne Twist, Cynthia Barrett et al
Wednesday Apr 13, 2022
Wednesday Apr 13, 2022
Wednesday Apr 13, 2022
Carrie is an author of Unapologetically Enough: Reshaping Success & Self-Love and the Chief Executive Officer of the Unapologetic Voice House, a hybrid book publishing business. Carrie has created several successful businesses, always putting her career first in search of external validation. She's a media darling, featured on more than 300 TV segments for her community work in Phoenix. When she turned 35, she surrendered to burnout and had to take a good, long look at her life as a single woman without her own children. She wrote Unapologetically Enough about her journey. She started the Unapologetic Voice House in 2019 after spending years pitching literary agents in the hopes of being published traditionally. All her rejection letters from literary agents compared her work to well-known authors. But because she didn’t have a big enough platform, agents always passed on her. Carrie used that pivot in life and launched her business. She can be reached at www.UnapologeticallyEnough.com.
- Carrie talks about how her upbringing showcased that she didn’t have role models that could have helped her through her bullying childhood into adulthood where she was feeling burnout in her 30s. She talks about how to recentre her life and happiness to be a priority and helped her come out of burnout.
- Carrie talks about unlayering to get to happiness and stillness. She made a list of tangible things to incorporate into her daily life.
- Carrie talks about her egg-freezing journey but ended up with complications and had to rebuild her life and re-discovering who she was and to be happy with who she is.
- As an entrepreneur, Carrie has created a hybrid publishing house and talks about helping women who don’t have a huge platform to share their stories.
- Carrie’s definition of happiness is stillness.
- Carrie’s morning routine is hydration, breathwork, meditation and gratitude practice.
- Her top things that make her light up is her relationship with her husband, dance, and her book.
- Her favourite meal is pizza
- Carrie’s idol is Drew Barrymore – a fellow entrepreneur who has her hand in acting, directing, producing, a mother, and the beauty industry
- Her fantasy dinner guests would be her grandparents
- The things that make Carrie laugh are dog videos.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
- facebook.com/groups/TheUnapologeticVoice linkedin.com/in/carrieseverson/
- youtube.com/channel/UC8AeR81-wYoi-_usHhGjcg twitter.com/carrie_severson