In each episode, I chat with entrepreneurs, thought-leaders & life’s go-getters. They’re real people, living a real-life journey & inspiring real change in the world. We discuss their secrets to happiness & success, sources of inspiration and inspiring stories of change. Listeners will learn what makes these people’s heart sing and leave each episode with new tips that’ll help bring more happiness into their everyday
Tuesday Jun 21, 2022
Tuesday Jun 21, 2022
Tuesday Jun 21, 2022
So yes I love books, so this week on the podcast i dive deep into my favorite books. I hope you enjoy xx
Carla Solo Book Episode
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma is a 2014 book by Bessel van der Kolk about the effects of psychological trauma, also known as traumatic stress
- Medical Medium, Secrets Behind Chronic and Mystery Illness and How to Finally Heal by Anthony William
- How Not To Die is one of the most important books on health ever written. Dr. Greger shows us how to prevent and sometimes reverse all the major diseases that are killing us. We have the genetic potential to live disease free lives full of health and vitality until we are past 100.
- Why We Sleep, Dr. Matthew Walker brilliantly illuminates the night, explaining how sleep can make us healthier, safer, smarter, and more productive.
- Life Force by Tony Robbins, Peter Diamandis, and Robert Hariri brings you the most important resources that can help anyone sustain peak performance, and lead a healthy and more vital life.
- Will by Will Smith a brave, inspiring and wildly entertaining memoir full of self-help lessons for readers, from one of the world's leading entertainer
- Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela
- Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey Greenlightsis a short memoir. Matthew McConaughey has written about some valuable insights and observations from his own life.
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson is the authorized self-titled biographyof American business magnate and Apple co-founder Steve Jobs.
- Shoe Dog by Phil Knight Shoe Dogis a real-life story of passion, perseverance, belief, loyalty and teamwork with a lot of heart.
- 4 hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss In The 4-Hour Workweek, #1 New York Times best-selling author Tim Ferriss, teaches you how to escape the 9-5, live anywhere, and join the new rich.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. The core idea is that you can change other people's behaviour simply by changing your own. It teaches you the principles to better understand people, become a more likable person, improve relationships, win others over, and influence behaviour through leadership.
- Start with Why – How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action by Simon Sinek Start with Whyanalyses leaders like Martin Luther King Jr and Steve Jobs and discovers that they all think in the same way - they all started with why.
Tony Robbins Books:
Regardless of your stage in life or your current financial picture, the quest for financial freedom can indeed be conquered.
The journey will demand the right tools and strategies along with the mindset of money mastery. With decades of collective wisdom and hands-on experience, your guides for this expedition are Peter Mallouk, the only man in history to be ranked the #1 Financial Advisor in the U.S. for three consecutive years by Barron’s (2013, 2014 and 2015) and Tony Robbins, the World’s #1 Life and Business Strategist. Mallouk and Robbins take the seemingly daunting goal of Financial Freedom and simplify it into a step-by-step process than anyone can achieve.
After interviewing fifty of the world’s greatest financial minds, and penning the #1 New York Times best seller Money: Master the Game, Tony Robbins returns with a step-by-step playbook, taking you on a journey to transform your financial life and accelerate your path to financial freedom. No matter your salary, your stage of life, or when you started, this is one of many self-help books that will provide the tools to help you achieve your financial goals more rapidly than you ever thought possible.
Based on extensive research and interviews with some of the most legendary investors at work today (John Bogle, Warren Buffett, Paul Tudor Jones, Ray Dalio, Carl Icahn, and many others), Tony Robbins has created a 7-step blueprint for securing financial freedom.
With advice about taking control of your financial decisions, to setting up a savings and investing plan, to destroying myths about what it takes to save and invest, to setting up a “lifetime income plan,” the book brims with advice and practices for making the financial game not only winnable—but providing financial freedom for the rest of your life.
If you want to fulfill your dreams of living a better life, both professionally and personally, Unlimited Power is the book for you. Although written when Tony Robbins was only 25 years old, Unlimited Power remains as one of the most popular and overall best self-help books available.
With Unlimited Power, you will learn how to reach the quality of life you think you deserve. Tony Robbins has helped heads of state, royalty, Olympic and professional athletes achieve their goals, and with Unlimited Power, so can you. Tony passionately and eloquently reveals the science of personal achievement and teaches you:
- How to find out what you really want
- The Seven Lies of Success
- How to reprogram your mind in minutes to eliminate fears and phobias
- The secret of creating instant rapport with anyone you meet
- How to duplicate the success of others
- The Five Keys to Wealth and Happiness
Unlimited Power is a revolutionary fitness book for the mind. It will show you, step by step, how to perform at your peak while gaining emotional and financial freedom, attaining leadership and self-confidence, and winning the cooperation of others. It will give you the knowledge and course to remake yourself and your world. Unlimited Power is a guidebook to superior performance in an age of success.
We all have an enormous potential within us, but too many of us shackle ourselves with limiting beliefs. How many times have you wanted to achieve a goal, only to tell yourself that you’re not capable of doing so? Stop telling yourself that you’re not enough, and instead, work toward achieving the extraordinary. Break the barriers and awaken the giant within with this Tony’s most effective strategies and tactics for mastering your relationships, your finances, your emotions, and your life.
Tony wrote the first edition of Notes From a Friend in 1991, handing it out to thousands of people who needed to overcome their greatest challenges. This easy-to-understand and concise guide is now available to you in this special, updated edition with all-new material.
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E Frankl Psychiatrist Viktor Frankl's memoir has riveted generations of readers with its descriptions of life in Nazi death camps and its lessons for spiritual survival.
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle Much more than simple principles and platitudes, The Power of Now takes readers on an inspiring spiritual journey to find their true and deepest self and reach the ultimate in personal growth and spirituality: the discovery of truth and light.
- Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsh Conversations with Godmarks Neale Donald Walsch's initial dialogue with God. This book discusses personal issues such as prosperity, relationships and the nature of spiritual truth -with God providing clear, understandable answers. Further than the author's conversation with God, you'll realise that your own understanding and your own conversation with God are the true subjects of this unforgettable text.
- An Untethered Soul by Michael Singer In the bookThe Untethered Soul, Michael A. Singer takes you step-by-step through the process of Gyana, the yoga of the Intellect, to the Source
Top 10 Best Wayne Dyer Book by Nerdy Creator
1. The Shift
“The greatest hunger of all is the hunger for meaning.”
This is the first book I read from Wayne Dyer. During my recovery from depression, I had some insights on spirituality but I didn’t know exactly what it is and how to explain it. This book speaks to me on a deep level and helps me learn a lot about my experience. It also got me started reading other spiritual books.
If you are someone who is always working hard or doing a lot, but somehow still feel unfulfilled in life, this is the book to read. It takes you on a journey from ambition to meaning and let you realize that your spirit yearns for meaning, not ambition.
The book is also made into an inspiration movie of the same name and released by Hay House. Wayne Dyer acted in the movie as himself.
2. Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life
“Sharpen a blade too much and its edge will soon be lost.”
This book is Wayne Dyer’s interpretation of Lao Tze’s Tao Te Ching. He spent one whole year reading and practicing the verses of the Tao. It consists of 81 chapters and is meant to be read slowly.
You don’t have to be a Taoist to receive wisdom from this book. Tao Te Ching is just a way of life and Wayne Dyer makes it easy for you to apply Lao Tze’s teaching to your daily life. At the end of each chapter, he provides action steps which you can take to make your life peaceful, inspired and harmonious.
If you want to have a book that you can refer to from time to time and remind you to be at peace, this is the book for you.
3. Being in Balance
“There’s no such thing as stress; there are only people thinking stressful thoughts.”
Wayne Dyer says that everything in the universe is in balance, except we humans. He points out that there is a very subtle imbalance between our dream (our reason for life) and our habits (our way of life). For example, our desire to enjoy life is often hindered by our stressful thoughts of needing to achieve more.
This book is not about adopting new strategies to change your behavior. It’s about aligning your thinking habits with your deepest desires and restoring the natural equilibrium in your lives.
In this book, Wayne Dyer covers nine imbalances that will help you be more aware of these unhealthy habits. This book is suitable for those who feel dissatisfied with their life but doesn’t understand why.
4. The Power of Intention
“You feel good not because the world is right, but your world is right because you feel good.”
As the book title suggests, this book is about intention. This intention isn’t your intention to do something; it’s the intention of the universe.
Wayne Dyer believes that there is an invisible force and energy field that is bigger than ourselves. When we surrender to this built-in intention in the universe and trust its power, we co-create the lives we desire.
This book speaks to the heart. It allows you to feel connected to the universe and its 7 faces — creativity, kindness, love, beauty, expansiveness, abundance and receptivity. Not only will this book inspires you, it also provides a step-by-step guide to help you apply these principles into your daily life.
5. 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace
“Have a mind that is open to everything and attached to nothing.”
This is a book about success but in the perspective of spirituality. It’s not about goal setting, financial planning, or choosing the right career. It’s about having inner peace which is what that truly defines success for him.
In this book, Wayne Dyer elaborates on 10 principles that will guide you to tranquility. Unlike other books from him, this book is a quick read and doesn’t have many personal stories. So it is suitable for anyone who is new to Wayne Dyer’s works or spirituality. It’s also good for someone who wants a quick recap of his teachings.
6. Wishes Fulfilled
“The greatest gift that you were ever given was the gift of your imagination.”
This book is about mastering the art of manifesting and getting what you really really want.
The first part of this book gets you to change your concept of yourself and recognize something extraordinary within yourself. As per Wayne Dyer, your highest self is where you realize you are connected to the Divine. When you realize this, you can be anything and do anything.
The second part of the book lays the foundation of how to manifest your wishes. The author says that if you want to accomplish something, you must first expect it of yourself. And it’s not about making positive affirmations; it’s a spiritual knowing. Deep down inside, you must know that you are what you already want to be for the manifestation to work.
7. There’s a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem
“Thinking is the source of problems. Your heart holds the answer to solving them.”
This book is about dissolving the problems created by your mind. As per Wayne Dyer, problems are nothing more than mistakes in our thinking. If we tap into the higher frequency of our spirits, we can eliminate any problems in our lives.
In the beginning of the book, the author shares his experience on having a heart attack and how he shifted from feeling self-pity and denial to gratitude and love. Even though his heart is still damaged, he was able to find peace and recovered when he shifted his energy from negativity to positivity.
The book is suitable for you if you are open to new age philosophies and learning through anecdotes.
8. Wisdom of the Ages
“This book is not about appreciating poetry and philosophy as much as it is about applying the wisdom of these writers to our everyday lives.”
If you have read Wayne Dyer’s books before, you will know he is fascinated by teachers who lived before us and likes to quote them in his books.
For this book, he selects 60 teachers from a variety of eras and cultures and shares his interpretation of their works. The ancestral masters include Buddha, Michelangelo, Rumi, Whitman, and Jesus. At the end of each chapter, he also suggests how we can apply these teachings and wisdom to our modern lives.
This book is great for those who enjoy reading poetry or about important people from the past and what they have taught the world.
9. Your Erroneous Zones
“Happiness means no complaining about the things over which you can do nothing.”
This book is not only Dr. Wayne Dyer first book, it’s also one of his best-selling books. It has sold over 35 million copies!
This book teaches you to take control of your life and not base your self-worth on other people. If you have problems with guilt, worry, anger, and procrastination, this book will help you deal with these erroneous zones and get out of the victim mindset.
However, if you are used to the author’s gentle, inspirational writing tone, this book might not be suitable for you. Before he had deeper insights on spirituality, his writing tends to be more on the motivational side and harsh. He even used some sexual references in the book which some might find inappropriate.
Nonetheless, the content in this book is still useful and worth checking out.
10. I Can See Clearly Now
“There is some sort of purpose associated with everything that arrives in your life.”
This is a memoir on Wayne Dyer’s life. He recalls and shares many of his intimate experiences from the time he was a boy up to the time he wrote this book.
Through examining his own personal life, he wants to show us that there are no accidents in life. Each step of our journey has something important to teach us, be it good or bad. At the end of each chapter, he reveals what he has learned from each incident in his life and how they all lined up together.
If you want to know the backstory of his books, this is the book to get. In this book, Wayne Dyer shares how he got his first book, Your Erroneous Zones, to become the bestseller and what got him to write some of the books on this list.
Top 10 Best Louise Hay Books from Nerdy Creator
1. Heal Your Body
“If we are willing to do the mental work, almost anything can be healed.”
Known as the little blue book by the author, this book has helped hundreds of thousands of people to awaken their ability to their own healing process.
The author believes that disease (or rather “dis-ease” as per the author) can be reversed by simply reversing mental patterns and creating a new thought pattern.
This step-by-step guide can be used as a reference book. Just look up your specific health challenge and you will find the probable cause for this health issue and the information you need to overcome it.
If you want to understand the mental causes for your physical illness and the metaphysical way to overcome it, this book is for you.
2. You Can Heal Your Life
“Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.”
This book is about loving yourself. Every issue you have in your life regardless if it’s about work, finances, health or relationship, you can trace all of them back to the lack of self-love. The problem that we think we have in life is rarely the problem.
In this book, the author takes you through a session just as if you came to her as a private client and attended one of her workshops. She will help you to understand how limiting your thoughts are and how to respond to situations differently.
If you want to free yourself from your negative thinking patterns, read this book.
3. The Power Is Within You
“When I talk about responsibility, I am really talking about having power.”
A follow-up to her previous book, You Can Heal Your Life, the author believes that we contribute toward the creation of every condition in our lives, good or bad, with our thinking, feeling pattern. She believes in taking responsibility.
However, as mentioned in her book, blame and responsibility are different. Blame is about giving away one’s power while responsibility gives us the power to make changes in our lives. And we all have the power within us.
If you want to let go of your hidden resentment and regain the power within you, this is the book for you. It will help you take charge of your life.
Alternatively, you can read The Essential Louise Hay Collection, you can find the first three books in the list as a single volume.
4. Mirror Work
“Love is the most powerful healing force there is. You can take this love out into the world and silently share it with everyone you meet.”
Do you like what you see in the mirror?
If you only see flaws in your face or your body or you often judge yourself when you look at the mirror, then this is the book for you.
In this book, the author creates a 21-day course on mirror work. In three weeks, you will learn how to cultivate a deeper relationship with yourself simply by looking deep into your eyes and repeating affirmations.
This book helps you to look beyond your physical form and truly love yourself. Great for someone who loves self-reflection and journaling.
5. Meditations to Heal Your Life
“If I want to be accepted as I am, then I need to be willing to accept others as they are.”
In this book, the author shares her philosophy of life on a variety of subjects such as work, relationships, and sexuality. Reading this book challenges you to think creatively beyond your limiting beliefs. As per the author, we come into this world totally connected with our inner wisdom but we pick up fears and limitations along the way.
This book doesn’t teach you how to meditate. Instead, you are to take each topic and meditate or contemplate on the subject. If there’s a statement that you don’t agree with, it’s okay. But for growth, you are encouraged to examine your beliefs.
6. You Can Heal Your Heart
“Our thinking creates our experiences. That doesn’t mean the loss didn’t happen or that the grief isn’t real. It means that our thinking shapes our experience of the loss.”
Written with renowned grief and loss expert David Kessler, this book is about finding peace after a breakup, divorce, or death.
If you are hurting and need help in dealing with your ended relationships, this book is for you. It will help you feel your feelings, heal your old wounds, and change your distorted thinking about relationships, love, and life.
You can choose to remember your loved one only with love, not with sadness or regret. This book will help you do so by healing your heart and increasing your self-awareness and compassion.
7. Love Your Body
“Little babies love every inch of their bodies. They have no guilt, no shame, and no comparison.”
If you are someone who judges your body, this is the book for you. This little book helps you to love your body by using affirmations. In this book, you will find 54 affirmations that help you appreciate the different parts of your body such as your hair, eyes, and mouth.
By standing in front of a mirror and repeating these positive affirmations daily, you will plant new positive seeds into your subconscious mind.
Using the power of two proven self-esteem building techniques, this book is part affirmation, part journal. You can create your own affirmations using the blank spaces provided.
8. Power Thoughts
“All that I need to know at any given moment is revealed to me. My intuition is always on my side.”
This small, little, 11cm by 11cm book has 365 daily affirmations to help you build a more fulfilling and rewarding life. As per the author, “Every thought you think and every word you speak is an affirmation. So why not choose to use only positive affirmations to create a new way of thinking, acting, and feeling?”
If you want to bring more positivity into your life and you want something simple that you can read every day, this is the book for you. Read one affirmation a day before you leave your house or give it to your friends as a gift.
Alternatively, you can check out other formats such as her Power Thought Cards or her audiobook, 101 Power Thoughts. Even though the affirmations are different, they are still inspirational and beautiful. It’s also nice to have the author read to you the affirmations in her wonderful voice.
9. I Think, I Am
“When you say something over and over, you start to believe it is true: and what you believe creates what you do and what happens to you.”
Written with her friend, Kristina Tracy, and illustrated by Manuela Schwarz, this children’s book helps children to learn the power of their thoughts. You can use this book to teach your children about affirmations.
The author believes if children could learn about affirmations early on, their journey through life would be happier and more rewarding, with fewer struggles along the way.
This book will show your children how they can apply affirmations to their daily lives. You will find wonderful examples of kids turning negative thoughts into positive words and actions in this book.
10. Trust Life
“I now choose to begin to see myself as the Universe sees me — perfect, whole, and complete.”
This book is published to honour the late Louise Hay. In this book, you will find 366 affirmations, one for every day of the year, including the 29th of February. These affirmations are reflections drawn from the inspirational work and wisdom of Louise Hay.
Whether you follow the affirmation accordingly each day or randomly read a page daily, this book gives you the encouragement and positivity you need for the day. It’s a good book to put beside your bed to read before you start the day or before you go to bed. It will remind you of who you really are.
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz In The Four Agreements, bestselling author don Miguel Ruiz reveals the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey This beloved classic presents a principle-centered approach for solving both personal and professional problems. With penetrating insights and practical anecdotes, Stephen R. Covey reveals a step-by-step pathway for living with fairness, integrity, honesty, and human dignity—principles that give us the security to adapt to change and the wisdom and power to take advantage of the opportunities that change creates.
- Psycho Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz The book combines the cognitive behavioural technique of teaching an individual how to regulate self-concept, using theories developed by Prescott Lecky, with the cybernetics of Norbert Wiener and John von Neumann. The book defines the mind-body connection as the core in succeeding in attaining personal goals.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill Inspired by Andrew Carnegie's magic formula for success, this bookwill teach you the secrets that will bring you a fortune
- All of Joe Dispenzas books https://drjoedispenza.com/
- All of Esther and Jerry Hicks books https://www.abraham-hicks.com/
- 5 Love languages by Gary Chapman Learn how you can communicate in your spouse's 'lovelanguage' and watch your marriage flourish!
- Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus by John Gray In his classic guide to understanding the opposite sex, Dr. John Gray, provides a practical and proven way for men and women to improve their communication and relationships by acknowledging the differences between them
- Dr Phil relationship book Love Smart https://www.amazon.com/Love-Smart-Find-One-Want-Fix/dp/0743272099
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki The bookfocuses on building wealth based on cashflow and increasing income from assets.
- I will teach you to be rich by Ramit Sethi Bestselling author, Ramit Sethi, featured in ABC News, CNN, and the WSJ, has taught thousands to manage their personal finances and how to become rich.
- A Simple Path to Wealth by JL Collins
- Your Money Your Life by Vicki Robin