John Gray is the author of the most well-known and trusted relationship book of all time, Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus. USA Today listed his book as one of the top 10 most influential books of the last quarter century. In hardcover, it was the #1 bestselling book of the 1990s. Dr. Gray’s books are translated into approximately 45 languages in more than 100 countries and continues to be a bestseller. Dr. Gray has written over 20 books. His most recent book is Beyond Mars and Venus. His Mars/Venus book series has forever changed the way men and women view their relationships. John helps men and women better understand and respect their differences in both personal and professional relationships. His approach combines specific communication techniques with healthy, nutritional choices that create the brain and body chemistry for lasting health, happiness and romance. His many books, blogs and free online workshops at MarsVenus.com provide practical insights to improve relationships at all stages of life and love. An advocate of health and optimal brain function, he also provides natural solutions for overcoming depression, anxiety and stress to support increased energy, libido, hormonal balance and better sleep. He has appeared repeatedly on Oprah, as well as on The Dr. Oz Show, TODAY, CBS This Morning, Good Morning America, and others. He has been profiled in Time, Forbes, USA Today, and People. He was also the subject of a three-hour special hosted by Barbara Walters. John Gray lives in Northern California with his wife, Bonnie. They have been happily married for over 30 years and have three grown daughters and four grandchildren. He is an avid follower of his own health and relationship advice.
- After being a sexually active teenager then spent time as a monk, John learnt through meditation and becoming a counsellor what it takes for men to understand women and vice versa
- John talks about dependency in relationships for providing and support.
- Traditional and non-traditional relationship roles and for women to feel heard and to find balance is becoming more important
- John talks about the importance of four hugs a day and importance of the man cave
- John started yoga at 3 years old and found that this has transitioned over the last few decades for seeing differences for women in particular to increase their oestrogen levels and does about 4 hours of meditation a day.
- John talks about the rubber band effect
- Yin and Yang in yourself and recognising you have a male and female side are vital for modern women
- John talks about how often people should be having sex and dispels the “tiredness” myth
- John talks orgasms and communication
- Self-love and filling yourself to give love freely is an important need in a relationship
- Finding men who you have been rejecting who are more interested in you in the first place can be insightful as a way of finding what makes you attractive as a partner according to John for single women.
- Authenticity works but authenticity that seeks to change is neurosis as described by John
- Meditation, making love and sharing his message on relationships is what makes John’s heart sing
- His favourite meal is a paneer curry with basmati rice
- Intermittent fasting, regulating stress and looking after your gut health is something that can benefit peoples’ health
- Beyond Mars & Venus – Relationship Skills for Today’s Complex World – John Gray
- Men are Men, Women are from Venus – John Gray